Wednesday, February 2, 2011

It Simply Isn't Sound

So, many of you have heard the story of our friend ordering a meatball sandwich at Subway here on the island.  It went something like this:
"I'll have a foot-long meatball sub."
"We don't have enough meatballs for that."
"Ok, I'll take a six-inch."
After this conversation, the person behind her in line ordered a meatball sub.  They received it.
"I thought you didn't have enough meatballs for a twelve-inch sandwich?"
"We don't.  We only have enough for two six inch sandwiches."

That story has come to  exemplify the many idiosyncrasies of logic (?) we find here on the island.  My recent favorite was going to the pizza shop for Friday Fun Day.  A pepperoni pizza cost $43 EC.  A cheese pizza cost $41.  A half and half pizza cost $47.  I asked if they could put pepperoni on just half the pizza, so the other half would be just cheese.  Guess how much that would cost?  Sigh.  $47, of course.  We had all pepperoni.

Conclusion:  It really does require serenity to accept the things I cannot change.

2 comments:

Josh and Kelly said...

LOVE this post. Only those of us who have been there and no you are not joking can fully appreciate it I'm sure.

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

Hey! That's my story! I still tell it and still laugh about it all the time :)