Sunday, February 13, 2011

Beach Trip Numero Uno

Can I just start by saying black sand gets everywhere?  Instantly.  You think I'm joking.  I'm not.  I swear, within seconds of getting to the beach, Bean had black sand in literally every crevice and fat fold on her body.  Adorable?  Maybe a little.  Annoying?  Maybe a lot.  The paste that was created in her elbow pit as the sand mixed with the sunscreen was pretty funny, though.  I only wish my fat folds were as cute as hers.
 

Bean wasn't too sure what to think about the beach.  She liked us putting the sunscreen on (guess we need to do more baby massage), but she seemed uncomfortable with the sand idea.  Then Wonderman took her into the sea.  There was more skepticism, which was followed quickly by some crying.  We think the moving water was a little too much to start with.  We had never even taken her to the pool.  So, we retraced our steps and took her to the pool. 

It looks kind of idyllic, eh?

She liked that a little better, but withheld judgment until a few days later, at which point she decided she loved it.  I can see a lot of pool trips in her future. 

Conclusion:  Baby steps really are the best way to begin.

ps - Can I do a ps after the conclusion?  I would just like to point out that Wonderman and Bean have the exact same color of skin.  Have I told you about the CNA at the hospital when Bean was born who told me that my daughter looked nothing like me?  She looked like her dad, but not me.  Who tells a woman who has been a mom for all of 24 hours a thing like that?  As I see pictures of her with me and we look almost like we're different races and then she has pictures like this with her dad, I have to accept that maybe we don't look exactly alike.  Sigh.

3 comments:

Michigan Roys said...

She's adorable! Kemiah didn't like the sand at all when we first moved to the island so give it time, she'll come to love it - maybe by the time you leave. And yes, the sand gets every where!

Jessie said...

i love that last picture of her. she is a doll baby. so precious. and yes. i think you can do a ps after a conclusion if you want. :)

Katrina said...

John's mom said multiple times, including once at the pulpit during the testimony meeting following Kate's blessing, that Kate was baby John in a dress.

I was pissed.

Now look at her, Mini-me!

You'll see, she will be just exactly like you too.