Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Magical Fruit

So, Bean is growing faster than fast.  I thought I was anxious for her to get big and become more, I don't know, interactive?  user friendly?  self sufficient?  but just tonight I started getting nostalgic for the babyhood that I can already see slipping away as she matures.  She can't sit up on her own, but with the help of this fancy chair, you'd never know:


And I have never been great at tummy time.  It's funny how something so simple can be so hard to do.  Either she's fussy or she just ate or I forget or . . . it just doesn't happen much.  The boppy has really helped in that arena, however.  She loves it and it's always around.  She is getting so strong.  She does push off with her legs so much that if I leave her with too much of her torso on the boppy, she pushes herself forward, ie face first into whatever surface the boppy is on.  It's pretty hilarious to watch.  But she doesn't love it so I try to avoid it.  But I still giggle a tiny bit to myself when it does happen.
Conclusion:  Carpe Diem, but then let it go.  Another good day is on its way.

2 comments:

JN Designs said...

Oh my goodness, she is just so dang cute!!!! I hope you are all doing well!

Katrina said...

Love that happy chubby smile. Each stage is new and wonderful and terrible. Cherish them all.

Tummy time is over-rated. My babies hated it and yet still managed to crawl and develop muscles. As a mom, you have to try really hard not to beat yourself up over the should-oughts.