Monday, February 21, 2011

Brrr!

A week ago Saturday it was cold in the morning.  Perhaps it's been cold in the mornings before, but I used to sleep through the cold part and wake up when the sun was shining and cold was far from my mind.  Bean has helped me to develop at least half of the "early to bed, early to rise" habit, however.  I was sitting on the bed in my next-to-nuthins (which is what I spend most every night and therefore early morning in) and I was cold.  I'd put Bean to bed in merely a diaper, so I assumed she was probably a bit chilly as well.  Out came the sweatshirts and fleece (I was so glad she still fit in the adorable warm traveling outfit we bought just for the trip down here.  It was so cute and one wear just didn't seem like it was enough). 
 It wasn't until later that I realized that perhaps the more logical step would've been to simply close the windows, instead of bundling up.  But you just don't do that in Dominica.  Windows are meant to be open, right?  Anyway, it was kind of fun to snuggle up.
Conclusion:  Sometimes logical solutions aren't as much fun.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

COLD?! i left the island too early then! :) i was never cold there, nor did i ever close the windows...

Michigan Roys said...

You certainly do not close the windows! Enjoy the coolness because it never lasts long and snuggling is something you can only do when it's cool. Great choice!