Saturday, January 29, 2011

Paradise?

Dominica, being in the tropics and all, gets a lot of sun.  For someone who is brown-ish and "ethnically vague" like I am, this is no big deal.  For someone who is white and pink like Wonderman is, it is a big deal.  Bean takes after her father.  Sigh.  I have come to the conclusion that a person like me (brown and completely unaware of sunscreen) to have a baby like Bean (white, white, white, and a little pink) in a place like Dominica (S-U-N-N-Y) is the perfect storm of bad luck.  Thankfully, I did think (by chance really, but I am very grateful) to buy her a sun hat before we came down.

 Conclusion:  Sometimes protection can be fun.

5 comments:

Jessie said...

bean is adorable. :) mosquitos are NOT so adorable. :(

The Fredericks said...

she is just too cute!

bryce and paige said...

I love Bean. She makes me want to have only baby girls from now on. And I love the conclusions at the end of every post. You are so clever.

Nina said...

Let it be known from henceforth and forever that your Bean is the cutest human Bean I know of! (I'm kinda glad she's of a different model and make than her mother. Blue eyes and pinkish white skin is so sweet. (When the pink is not sun induced . . )

Michigan Roys said...

Good thinking. She's adorable!