Sunday, December 12, 2010

Privacy, revisited

So, you may remember long ago when I first addressed the issue of privacy.  The same issues still stand.  That is why I continue to refer to the infant as Bean, instead of some more reasonable name.  I must also confess, although this is more of a blaming than a confession, that it is part of why  I took such a long hiatus from posting on this blog.  I was doing so well, catching up on cataloging our adventures, when I reached the visit of my parental units, namely my mom and her husband, my step-dad.  I always just call him by his first name, but with the issues of privacy set up as they are, that just couldn't be done.  I don't really like the term "step-dad."  It always sounds kind of cold and I have come to really love him.  Plus, it takes a long time to write, as does "my mom's husband."  While I pondered what to do, I lost steam and just never bothered coming back, until now.  And now I live with my mom and this man who is as yet un-named.  That is, until Wonderman comes and rescues me and takes me back to Dominica.  Not that I'm miserable, I just really miss him.  A lot.  Anyway, just so you know the code, I've decided to call him by a different Christian name.  I'm good at making names up, pulling them out of thin air.  So we'll call him Bill any time he is referenced here.  As in, "I am currently staying with my mom and Bill."  See, it works.  That's all.  Just wanted to reiterate the privacy issue and then explain myself.  The end.

1 comment:

The Fredericks said...

my grandpa's name is Bill- so I feel warm fuzzies :) I can't wait for you to have your sweet family together again!