Sunday, December 12, 2010

Forever? I want it NOW

So, our little family has not been together for a while.  Wonderman was here when Bean was born, but then had to leave us to return to school.  He flew out just three days after Bean arrived.  This is our first family portrait:






(Yes.  I took a tiny newborn to the airport, a cesspool of germs and disease.  It was our last chance to spend any time, quality or not, with her daddy, whom we both adore.  Don't judge me.  She is fine.)

This is what she looks like now:





She has grown and changed so much already.  Her daddy has been gone for TOO LONG.  I can't wait for him to see her, and vice versa.  Skype, while a miracle sent from heaven, can only do so much.  However, he will be home in one week and I am so excited I am having a hard time breathing.  I try not to think too much about it, since constant breathlessness could make that week seem really long, but still.  It's tough.  Eeeeeee (this sound is accompanied by my biggest smile - which you know shows every tooth I've ever dreamed of having - and some general bouncing/dancing)!

4 comments:

Norm and Cassi Beatty said...

She is beautiful! We are all excited for your arrival back to the island!

F Montierth said...

I'm so happy for you guys! Yes, it will be such a blessing to have you all together ... I"m sure Papa needs snuggle time from both his favorite ladies.

Josh and Kelly said...

What a cutie!! She looks a lot like her daddy, do you get that a lot? Maybe it's the bald head :)

The Fredericks said...

she really is so adorable!