Friday, May 22, 2009

Privacy


You must know, as I titled the post, I heard it in my head pronounced with a short "i," yet emphasizing the "i," as the British might say it, like "privy." Anyway, please understand that the pronunciation seems somehow significant here.

This blog is to be a record of my adventures with my beloved. We're on our way to bold new worlds and I promised everyone (which of course includes you!) I'd keep them updated on our journeys. The challenge will be to find the balance between privacy and exposure. I'm fairly open, in a very enigmatic sort of way, while my beloved is extremely private to a point that borders on severe paranoia. (Exaggerate much, Wonder Blogger?) In fact, I keep calling him beloved because, well first because he is, and secondly because I can't think of a great code name for him and I feel certain that I can't use his real name and have him be comfortable with it. Sigh. "Husband" feels to stiff, "Hubs" almost too silly, but it's tempting. I'll probably end up with something even more delightfully silly like "Wonder Man," although that does take SOOO LONG to type. Maybe just "WM" on days I'm feeling lazy. I'll just have to be sure and not include a "D," as that could be dangerous for everyone.

It's all rather trite and put on, since of course we all know the only people who will be reading this are related to us, but alas. I will put in the effort to feed the frenzied mind while I can. That's what love will do to a girl. Let me know if you have any great suggestions of what he should be called.

No comments: