Thursday, September 10, 2009

Experimental cooking

If you've ever spent much time with me in a kitchen, you know that I'm a bit of a haphazard cook. Sometimes that works out really well, such as when I tried frying plantains (yum!):


Sometimes it doesn't work out so well, such as when I used a glass plate as a lid for my rice pot (bang!):


It had worked three or four times before, but I guess that time was just too much. The explosion really shook me up. It wasn't my best night here, needless to say. The good experiment didn't quite out-weigh the impact of the bad. Meh. We're moving on. I scored a sweet rice pot from someone selling theirs on campus. There is much rice in our future. Plantains, too.

1 comment:

Josh and Kelly said...

I'm in love with fried plantains! We roll ours in cinnamon sugar, and are pretty much addicted now. Good thing they're dirt cheap!