Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Hardy Boys Go To The Beach

A couple weeks ago, we got to go to one of the most beautiful beaches on the island with - get this - WONDERMAN.  It's true, things are a bit less insane once fourth semester is over.  We love that aspect of things.  LOVE it.
So, the beach is called Batibou Bay.  We quickly found ourselves looking forward to what sounded like the title of a Hardy Boys novel - The Mystery of the Baby at Batibou Bay.  It has a ring to it, eh?

Anyway, I'd heard it was amazing, but somehow never gotten to this particular beach.  Our friend, M, simply could not fathom how long we've been here without going.  It's hard to explain the logistics of working and then being pregnant and simple inertia culminating in me not going to all the lovely places there are to see here.  I am so grateful I got to come back and that Bean got to see it, too.
It is pretty stellar, as beaches go.
And surprisingly un-hot.  Maybe the copious shade is an indicator, but I was still surprised.
It really is the perfect beach.  Sun, shade, sand, enough waves to be fun, not so much that it's ever (well, while we were there, I'm sure it has its moments) scary.  We could've spent hours and hours more there than we did. 

Bean got some sweet Daddy Time:
And got sand in every crevice, not the least of which were fat rolls (delicious!):
She tried to eat a sandy leaf.  Wonderman tried to stop her:
And then I let her do whatever she wanted (I've tried to explain to Wonderman my philosophies on the importance of children being allowed to explore, and even eat dirt, but he's not buying it.  Still, I'm the one around and in charge most of the time, so eat dirt she will, if she pleases, and she certainly did please.):
She also got to eat some bananas.  We're still working on technique.

She took a nap on the beach.
We found a leaf the size of Bean.  Well, bigger than Bean, really.  BTB, if you want the official term.
All in all, it was a great family outing.

Conclusion:  Solving mysteries is rad.  All the cool kids are doing it.  The Hardy Boys are totally coming back.

6 comments:

F Montierth said...

Looks like a fabulous time! Love that you're recording it all.

Gina Moody said...

I'm not sure how I did not know that you had more then one blog.... and to think, all this time I could've been double dipping! Awesome you made it to Batibou. By far my fav beach in Dom. Now THAT I miss! Bean is darling, as always.

Unknown said...

Jealous! Someone also told me it's good for kids to eat dirt lol, so I let Brody when he was Bean's age. Now he thinks it's gross. Weird.

Andrea, the little collector said...

Oh my. You have to stop posting all these pictures that make me second guess our decision not to come to Dominica. How could we not? Love it all! Good day indeed!!!

Norm and Cassi Beatty said...

Crazy how these pictures make me miss Dominica like crazy! Love Batibou. Such a darling family.

Amy and Clark said...

Umm, that looks amazing. You are living the dream! :)