Sunday, May 30, 2010

Syndicate Falls

Um, can we still be friends if I post now (which is, like, seventy million years after the fact) about stuff that happened during Christmas Break?  If your answer is "No," please stop reading and pretend this never happened.  I'm sort of trying to catch up a little and face my own apparent aversion to writing (who would've ever thought this possible?).

So, Wonderman and I went on a school-sponsored trip to Syndicate Falls.  It was really cool.  He helped small children cross rivers:

We saw some awesome jungle and a big waterfall:


I also made a new friend.  I told Wonderman that night that she was probably going to be my new best friend.  The black fingernail polish, love of mountains, and dreams of Alaska seemed to guarantee it.

We also got to hike through a valley that wasn't just jungle.  There were more shades of green in one place than I think I even knew existed:

Plus, we ended the hike with one of our guides cutting some fresh sugar cane for us.  Can you tell what a sweet tooth Wonderman has?  He looks thrilled with it, doesn't he?  It was kind of strange, but definitely sweet.  It was like chewing straw that had been soaked in sugar water.  Yummy, right?



Conclusion:  Wonderful and beautiful things are even more wonderful and beautiful when I'm with wonderful and beautiful people.

1 comment:

The Fredericks said...

what a fun time! :) still haven't done that one