Monday, January 25, 2010

Roseau with Wonderman

During the break, Wonderman and I took a little trip to Roseau.  It was super fun just wandering around the capital, looking at stuff.  We found a street with my name, so of course we had to take a picture: 




But we couldn't see the sign in the picture, so it turned out to simply be a gratuitous picture of me (always a nice addition, right?).  Then we took one of the sign, just to prove the point.



 What?  That's not my name, you say?  Oh yeah?  Ask my mom.  Then we'll see who's right.

We also went to the Dominica museum,

which did have one of the funniest signs I've ever seen (so much for objectivity):


 Funny that Columbus Day isn't a national holiday here.

When we went to IGA, I fully enjoyed Wonderman's bewilderment and amazement at all the amazing things for sale there.  I also realized that for some reason, the Captain Crunch box is really funny in French:



It's funny to say in French too.  Try it, it will make you giggle.


We ended the day watching a cruise ship literally sail off into the sunset.



Conclusion:  Lovely days are even lovelier when spent with Wonderman.

4 comments:

The Fredericks said...

what a fun post- I still need to do that little city with Jason! now I want to it even more than before :)

Amy and Clark said...

Sounds delightful! Too funny about the Columbus sign. Reminds me of a maritime museum we went to in Chile with a big stain glass window with pictures of Columbus, Magellan, Capernicus and then Neil Armstrong. I can see the relevance, but it was just so random and unexpected at the same time!
And can I just throw it out that you are looking might fine with that bronzed skin you have now that you live on a tropical island? Yes, I think I can.

Andrea, the little collector said...

I love all of the signs. Delightful! When I first read the sign, I could only see the first part "Everything changed..." and didn't see the humor. Oh. Scroll down!

w.v.: intsbent - the state of being determined to engage in picking one's own b.b. lint.

bryce and paige said...

What a fun excursion!