Monday, January 4, 2010

Inheritance

This is a combination of silly looks (please disregard the hair; it can't be helped). 


The camera at my chest is genius I got from my father.  As I was hiking and trying to decide if it was worth the risk to keep my camera in my hand because there was so much amazing stuff to picture, but I was sliding around in the mud and crossing rivers with super slidey rocks, I started telling Wonderman about my dad.  Dad has a camera case connected to his climbing harness so that he can take pictures with one hand without letting go of the rope.  I told Wonderman that was what I needed.  Then I realized I could create a make-shift version.  It will hopefully be less silly when I get my itsy-bitsy camera that will make for easier access.  Still, I have to give props to Pops.  It made the whole thing so much smoother and safer.

Conclusion:  Learning from someone else's experience can be invaluable.  Thanks, Dad.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

that is a GENIUS idea. :) so simple, yet so brilliant.

F Montierth said...

Love reading your posts, sounds like so much fun. I must say as a child I liked the sugar cane ... now as an adult I've decided that my mom kept us so free from sugar that chewing on something fiberous and sweet felt like a treat! Flossing with sugar cane ... a dentist's nightmare! Anyhoo ... I've now decided I like refined sugar ever so much more! ;0)