Monday, November 16, 2009

No Regrets

So, there are many adventures of which to tell. Tonight perhaps I won't go into detail on the adventures, but I will say this: I love my new shoes. When I was in the states, spending monies upon monies on all the things I knew, believed, or hoped would be useful upon my return to Dominica, I purchased these shoes:

I couldn't decide if the purchase was really necessary (and with our budget, I try to stick to the really necessary [mostly]). I mean, I have two pairs of Chacos, which I love dearly, as mentioned briefly here. Was I longing to have these shoes, simply so I could look like all the other girls (even though mine are the much cheaper version, a.k.a. the Payless knock-off)? Perhaps. Was that so wrong? Perhaps not. Still, I decided that the toe protection would come in handy, and at the point which they came in handy I wouldn't be thinking about the money any longer.

I WAS RIGHT!!!!!
Oh my goodness, I was right. Today I am grateful for my shoes. And my heart goes out to anyone who is forced to hike through a jungle, up muddy mountains, through raging rivers, and across mossy rocks in anything less (I'm so sorry).

1 comment:

Jessie said...

i am glad you got the right shoes. :) dominica does require you to have those type of shoes sometimes. :)