Monday, October 3, 2011

T Minus One Month

Well, she's gone and done it.  Bean is on her way to being one year old.  I know her eleven-month birthday was a while ago, but here's some cute pictures and descriptors anyway.

First off, her big milestone of the month is crawling.  THE BEAN, SHE CRAWLS.  Meaning, portraits this month were much harder than previous months.  I'd set her next to the stuffed animal where I wanted her and, BOOM, she was off.  It's no longer trying to catch a smile, but just trying to catch her. She also has increased her aversion to the headbands of glory.  It's a tough combination.

We did some photos naked:
 
And some not.  Even though naked has been our way of doing things, here in Utah clothes are more necessary more often.
 
 
 I did find the solution to the headband dilemma.  Distraction by Cheerios. 

 
Smiles are overrated anyway.


So, the other big news of the month is that Bean is allergic to tomatoes.  It's pretty sad.  She loves them.  And I love them.  And I have no idea how to cook/feed a family without them.  We're counting on it being an infant allergy that doesn't last.  We'll see. 


Also, she can finally frigging sit up from a laying down position all on her own.  The crawling gave her that.  I'd really given up on it.  Sad, right?  I really thought she'd be 17 and not able to sit up.  Turns out, I was wrong.  Phew.  But now she can sit up in bed and cry if I try to give her some time to "cry it out."  That sucks for both of us. 

Another addition is that she can no longer handle being washed.  There are many tears after every meal when I wipe her hands and face.  Baths are touch-and-go (To use the colloquialism; I'm not speaking literally here.  I'm not sure what the literal meaning would be, but it seems sketchy in terms of a baby's bath).  She must really love being filthy.  Also, I've learned that tortured is in the eye of the tortured. 

She still weighs about 20 lbs and is kinda tall, but not really (We haven't taken her to the pediatrician for the official stats.  We're trying to maintain our status as "dirty hippies.").  Her head seems proportional.  She looks less like a baby and more like a little girl every day. 

That's it.  When she turns one in, like, a minute, I'll tell you more.
Can you just see her asking, "Why are you doing this to me?"  Poor kid.

Conclusion:  Bigger really IS better.

4 comments:

Jessie said...

happy almost birthday bean! you're adorable, even in clothes! :) and you look totally proportional, even if your hippie parents won't take you to get measured.

J. Michelle said...

AHH!! Thanks for the adorable pictures! She's so gorgeous. Have you tried handing her the washcloth and having another for you and wiping yourself down? That worked for Sadie (it might not work, I understand how different kids can be, just an idea) I've also let Sadie suck on a wet washcloth while I wipe her down.

Andrea, the little collector said...

Sounds like lots has changed since I last saw her. Guess I need to get out thee again soon, huh? Big hugs from Auntie A!

w.v.: obiticin, n., a medication taken by folks with a dread fear of finding their long lost love ones (or themselves) listed in the obituaries.

Sarah said...

She is darling! I can't believe I haven't ever even met her. Hope all is well.