Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Updates

First of all, I fully intended to update everyone and let you know that, despite her early promise, Bean has not yet rolled over.  However, today SHE DID IT.  That, or some boogey man came and put her on her tummy when I wasn't looking.  We have a number of videos of her almost rolling over, but I  missed all three times that she actually rolled over, so of course there are no pictures of any kind.  Sigh.  Alas.  The third time was the saddest.  She rolled from her back to her tummy and she hasn't yet figured out how to go back to her back.  When I put her in her crib tonight, she almost immediately rolled over and went to sleep.  Adorable, aside from my neurotic concerns about SIDS.  Then, just a couple hours later, I heard her screaming.  When I went in, she was throwing her arm back with as much force as she could, but she couldn't seem to roll to her back.  We've got some work to do, I guess, so we can all continue sleeping well.

Second update:  Turns out that Bean was not playing with that spinning-tree-rattle-thing.  She just hadn't figured out how to eat it yet.  I don't know if she got more reach, more hand-eye coordination, or just more time, but she now grabs it and chews on it much more than she spins and rattles it.  She even once pulled it off the tray, and it's a pretty strong suction cup.  That's my girl.

(This is where the beginning of the videos really comes in.  We think she's adorable.  You don't have to.  I understand.  But her grandma might want to see this.  Plus, our still-shot camera died [sniff!], so this is all we got.)


(Can I also comment on my video-voice [not that it's in this video, but the use of the new technology has really brought it to my attention]?  So, everyone sounds different in their heads, and everyone knows that, right?  Right.  Hearing yourself in any recording is WEIRD.  Um, mine is, like, twenty times weirder when I'm talking to Bean.  It's not even like a cute, sing-songy mommy voice.  It's just weird.  Not sure why.  She may grow up weird.  If you stick around, I'm sure I'll post a video that has my Bean voice on it.  Weird.)

Conclusion:  Time and determination accomplish much that at first may seem impossible.

No comments: