Sunday, June 7, 2009

Another delight was reading students' commentary on the most important thing they learned in class. At first I was very excited about how many of them said it was Shakespeare and Romeo and Juliet, but then I had to step back and realize that it was simply the last big thing we learned and probably all they could think of. Sigh. Here are some of the highlights, aside from Shakespeare.

· Don't use your bathroom passes right away. Or listen to your teacher when she warns you about that.

· Most Freshmen are still sixth graders. My thoughts exactly.

· I had more creativity than I thought I did. I love hearing things like that.

· Not to get too many detentions. Alas, he did.

· Never act like Salvador in class. Always solid advice.

· Be nice to your teachers. Ah, someone was listening.

· Keep my nose forward. The best way to pay attention, really.

· English can be fun. Wait, what? I'm not sure I read that right. Fun? I obviously didn't do my job.

· Intriguing facts about life and love. Deep.

· What you told us about love. Alright, I confess. I did give a mini-lecture on how love is defined. Sixteen-year-olds want to know. And since I know everything, I got to tell them.

- How to have fun. Again, in English? Weird.

· You have teached me how to write a research paper and many other things. Sigh. Well, I'm glad I teached him something.

No comments: